Log in |

Archive for the ‘Distress Oxides’ Category

Tonal Stamping With Peacock Feathers And Wilted Violet

Came across some pretty white mulberry die cut flowers in my stash, pinched and tweaked them a little which added depth.

Peacock feathers and wilted violet D/O’s were patted onto my craft mat before being sprayed with a little water … the tweaked white flowers were dipped into it … also did the same with a white die cut circle.


Added the coloured die cuts to the centres of some more flowers but left these plain white.  Placed the flowers onto the card with Pinflair glue.

The same two ink colours were used onto a piece of leftover scrap paper, did a little tonal stamping before cutting into strips.

Stamped an image directly onto the card before placing the circle die over her.

If you want to enhance stamped images even more, then delicately touch over them with a watered down version of the ink you have used.

So very clean looking compared to my last post.


Tim Holtz Distress Oxides

Definitely look forward to April as this is when I go home, stay with the family, then trot off to Ally Pally.

Not this year, first time of missing the show since it started.  Family all flew to Spain for an Easter break plus my brother and SIL decided to go to Somerset.

What about all that money I saved? Yeah, as if … went on a spending spree at HochandaCarabelle Studio and Frantic Stamper.

Had the MISTI tool for awhile now and I have always been tempted to buy the larger version but so glad I didn’t because one of my purchases at Hochanda is the new Tim Holtz Stamp Platform … and all the Pebeo paints plus Sheena’s newest stamps and dies!!!!

Sorry Mrs MISTI looks as if you are going to be redundant!!!!

All the Oxide Inks arrived a few weeks back … it only took a week from the time I put in the order until they arrived.

Didn’t dive in and play right away, waited until I felt the time was right to have a go with them.  Made a few different makes using various colours and techniques.


Wanted to find out how good the image looked when stamped with the inks and also how they reacted to colouring in with a water brush.

Just took my time and slowly added water as I went along.  At each stage if I was happy with how it looked then out came the heat gun to dry.

DO’s used are: Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain also used the DI Black Soot.

Next make is completely different plus more colours used.

  The card above uses DO’s – fossilized amber, worn lipstick, broken china and spiced marmalade.

All the colours were blended onto an A4 card which was then die cut with one of Sheena’s newest dies also the Thinlits Wildflower die set.

Stamped onto some of the waste card and fussy cut the lady plus some butterflies before adding onto the card.

List of stamps used.