Starting A Journey With All My Stamps

Today is the start of another journal … but this one is going to be all about my Journey with stamps.

What prompted me to start another Journal … it’s because I’m addicted to buying beautiful rubber stamps but alas I don’t seem to use them as often as I should.  Going back to the UK this week and what’s at home waiting for me … yep you guessed more rubber stamps.

Below is a selection of gorgeous stamps which were part of my Christmas present and all are unused.  Not anymore!!!

No more will they lay gathering dust in my craft room, no more will they be un-inked for today sees the first two pages in my Stamp Journal.

There are just loads and loads of techniques that you can do with stamps so this journal will not include any paints, stencils, die cuts etc just inks, embossing powders and stamps.

Only two techniques were used on these pages, masking plus reverse masking.

With the Stampendous ‘Life Is Art Stamp’ I replaced the word paint with the word stamp.  Did a bit of reverse masking with the clock.

Making these two pages today gave me so much pleasure because I have at last, made a start, on those uninked stamps.

Showing the stamps used on the two pages.

Shirl

7 Responses to “Starting A Journey With All My Stamps”

1. butterfly says:

Oh, what a good idea! I was thinking just yesterday how shameful it is that so many of my beautiful stamps are uninked or one-time-only-inked. A fabulous idea to commit a journal to giving them some space and I love your first pages full of colour and ideas. Looking forward to this journey!
    Alison x

2. Craftyfield says:

Funny that… my only “proper” journal is where I first stamp my new rubber! I don’t try to make it nice though and maybe I should! The Carabelle stamps are so beautiful, the Bird collage in particular… The Craft Barn is stocking some of those but I missed out on my favourite last time. I’m told there’s more coming soon… Enjoy your stamping Shirley and keep showing us, xx.

3. annie says:

Shirl, I love these stamps, now I want to get some [more] to add to my hundreds 🙂 love your journal…xx

4. Shirley says:

Gorgeous stamps and stamping! Enjoy xx

5. Donna Ellis says:

Wow! Beautiful Christmas gift, Shirl! And the first two entries in your brand new journal are the perfect place to begin your new journey. I love that we become “brand new” in so many ways – and your expressiveness in these colorful pages is amazing! Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

6. Avril says:

What a lovely way to use your uninked Christmas stamps. Love the clean look of these pages and the subtle colourinki9ng adds a great interest.
    Avril xx

7. Carola says:

Wowww Shirley, what a wonderful double pages. A stamping journal ist a great idea.
    Great stamps you have.