Junk Journal

Sharing some of my Junk Journal with you today which Irene and I started whilst facetiming last week.

Stumbled across these Journals whilst mooching on Youtube.  Didn’t follow any particular video – just got some ideas.  So if you want to make your own just type in Junk Journal and have a mooch.  The book so far has three signature sections which were hand sewn into place and I am toying with putting in a fourth.  Just about anything goes with these books

Already there are lots of pages and I want to add more elements so the fastening to shut the book had to be flexible to be able to do this.

Decided on an old necklace clasp which was lurking in the depths of my bit drawers which worked really well.

Close up of the clasp shows how robust it is and also the showing of the inside pages.

Lots more pages to follow showing the vellum, tags, lace, parchment paper,  doilies and loads of other materials used.

Shirl

11 Responses to “Junk Journal”

1. brenda says:

Love the name of these Shirl, I think we should all make one of these because as you say anything goes and sometimes it’s fun to just play.

B x

2. Irene Chillman says:

Stunning Shirl, you can’t call it a junk journal when it is absolutely gorgeous.
    I xx

3. Shirley says:

It’s gorgeous. I think the name is a little misleading, it doesn’t look ‘junky’ at all ! But I get the idea 🙂 I would love to take a class to make one 🙂 take good care, Shirleyxx

4. amber says:

Lovely Grandma, colours inspired me for my new Art project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love and hugs 😀 xoxxoox

5. Diana says:

Love it so pretty.

6. Craftyfield says:

Beautifully vintage… I wonder what treasures lurk inside, the finish on the covers look so luxurious!
    xx

7. Meggymay says:

I wouldn’t call this fabulous project ‘junk’. it looks amazing Shirley, very vintage and perhaps full of memories.
    Yvonne xx

8. Donna Ellis says:

At last! The long-awaited for Junk Journal! Shirl, this is wonderful! It was worth the wait. Such pretty embellishments with the metallic theme highlighting the earth tones. Truly a work of art, and no wonder you’d like to make more! It looks like lots of fun. Thank you for sharing the photos from so many angles – makes me want to peek inside! hugs, de

9. Avril says:

Love, Love, Love this Shirley – Fabulous cover and I can’t wait to look inside. Certainly wouldn’t call it ‘junk’. I’m on a catch up and off to the next post!
    Hugs, Avril xx

10. butterfly says:

Such a wonderful way to start using some of that hoarded stash of papers and ephemera – I just worry that once I start I’ll never stop!! Beautiful and brilliant.
    Alison xx

11. Dot says:

I think this looks so elegant and classy! It makes you want to see what is inside…looove the clasp!
    Dot x